Pictures, Freebie and What we've been up too!

So busy!  That's how I feel right now! I'm so glad to be back in my routine, but I long for the days when I can get out of school on time and head to the gym!  Anyway...Here are a few pictures of what we've been up too!


Our shared reading big book for last week was Brown Bear, Brown Bear.  We used interactive writing for the color words and we sponge painted the animals from the story.  For the pictures I blew up clipart that I bought from KPM Doodles.  The kids had a great time sponge painting!  We had enough copies of the sponge painted clipart that we were able to make our own Brown Bear book.  In our version we used my picture for the teacher and a class picture for the children!  They loved reading their book in the library center!

Next week our Big Book will be Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, but our peom will be Some Letters.

You can get your pocket chart and song and poetry poem here!  Enjoy!

Pin It

Comments

  1. Great idea for the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom pocket chart. I used that book many years when teaching and never thought of that! Saw your comment on another blog and am a new follower here! Vicky @ www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jody - I see you have already been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award. Just wanted you to know I thought of you as well. Thanks for all you share!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you do for shared reading? Our school started the DEAR but our principal considers it shared reading. And my teammates and I have been trying to look for things that would "qualify" as shared reading material. Do you make sure that each of your students have something to read in front of them when you are doing shared reading or are they just listening and you try to do other activities to match the story? Thanks for your help!

    Kinders on the Block

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100 Followers Giveaway!

Back to School Giveaway!

Pay It Forward!