Recycled Crayons!

I love my 4th of July crayons!
I finally found the time to try making my own crayons!  I think they turned out really cute and it was SUPER easy.  I just arranged my peeled crayons in these silicone molds and put them in the oven at 275 for about 15 minutes. Once they were totally melted, I let them cool for a few minutes on the counter, then I put them in the freezer for about 15 minutes. They popped right out of the molds.  Voila!




I had my students sort and peel crayons for a while on the last day of school.  They had a blast, but what a MESS!  Plus, they didn't get that many crayons peeled (it's kind of hard)! After my husband saw me peeling for an hour he brought me this little knife.  You just score the paper down the side and peel!  So thankful for time savers!

Comments

  1. What a great use for crayons.

    ❤Vintage Teacher

    Vintage Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mold--I didn't know if they would work and now I will be grabbing some next time I'm at the store! Love it!
    Barb
    kinderzoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try soaking your crayons in water first. A friend gave me that idea and it worked so much better! It saved my thumb nail! Some of the wrappers came off all by themselves. It was great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100 Followers Giveaway!

Back to School Giveaway!

Pay It Forward!