Daily 5 Celebration!

Pin It

It has taken all year long, but I have finally introduced all five components of daily five!  Today we introduced working with words. I sort of felt like I was just introducing literacy centers that the kids already new about, but the were still SO excited!!!  They did really awesome and I let them work for 10 minutes!!!  I'm a little nervous about putting things all together.  But I know that I can do it!  Right now we are working in three breakout sessions.  First I do a shared reading type of lesson followed by student choice of Read to Self, Read to Someone, or listen to reading.  Then I do a phonemic awareness and sight word or phonics lesson, followed by working with words.   I finish up with a quick writing lesson (today we did directed drawing) followed by work on writing.  Well there is my celebration for today!!!

Comments

  1. Congratulations! It sounds like you are doing a great job! I am just trying out Daily 5 in my own little way this year. I do centers right now, but have added Read To Self and Word Work and will do Writing, Listening to Reading and Read to a Friend soon. My goal is to have kids in homogeneous groups for 20 minutes so I can do reading conferences while they are doing 1 of the Daily 5 activities. So I guess it is really weekly 5! I am not ready to give up centers the way i do them this year, so this is my way of trying it out. Thanks for sharing what you are doing and please keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100 Followers Giveaway!

Back to School Giveaway!

Pay It Forward!