Create Your Own Alphabet Line


A while back I blogged about how I create my own alphabet line in my classroom. I wanted to easily explain the process to some new teachers at my school, so I went back and revisited the post.  This is a great way for students to have ownership of the classroom, and in my opinion, student drawn alphabets are always better than anything I could make with clip art or purchase at a teacher store.

Here are my directions!  I hope you can find it useful!

Create Your Own Alphabet

Introduce a new letter each day, in the order of your choice or your school's program (I prefer McCracken’s). How you introduce the letter is really up to you.  I usually start with an alphabet song, have students say the letter and the sound and show them how to write the letter. 

Each day create a circle map for the letter. The students brainstorm words that begin with that letter and the teacher draws the pictures and writes the words on the circle map. Sometimes I ask students to come up and draw the picture, especially if they are very confident.  So often they say that they "can't" draw the picture and I want them to see that they can. 


Next show students how to write the letter.  Students can work in individual alphabet books for independent practice.  Click on the picture to link to my ABC book.



Choose a student to illustrate the picture for the class alphabet line and (if you choose) a student to illustrate a picture for a class set of alphabet cards. I like to have an extra set to keep next to the easel for practice and to use with songs. I usually have students illustrate their pictures on the blank side of a large index card.  Alternatively you can give them a 1/2 sheet of paper. 
    Attach each picture to letter page, or make your own. Glue the vowels to red construction paper, consonants to blue construction paper and Y to purple. I have my backing already laminated with the letters attached, then each year I simply replace the student pictures.  It makes it easier and it lasts a few years. Also, I usually trace the student pictures with a black sharpie (it makes a world of difference).


 photo 1100713361121818240613.png Pin It

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ر
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    نقدم لكم عملائنا الكرام افضل شركة تنظيف ومكافحة حشرات بالمنطقة الشرقية والتي من خلالها تستطيعون الحصول علي افضل خدمات التنظيف الشاملة لجميع اركان المنزل فمع شركة المثالية للتنظيف انتم دائما في امان فتعد شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالقطيف افضل شركة متخصصة في تنظيف المنازل والشقق والفلل والمجالس والبيوت والكنب والسجاد والمفروشات بالقطيف وكذلك بجميع مدن ومحافظات المنطقة الشرقية بالمملكة العربية السعودية , تعتمد شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالقطيف علي افضل واحدث اجهزة التنظيف المثالية والتي من خلالها نسنطيع نقديم افضل خدمات التنظيف الشاملة للمنازل والمجالس بافضل جودة ممكنة وبارخص الاسعار المثالية فعندما نبحث عن افضل شركة تنظيف بالمنطقة الشرقيو فنحن بحاجة الي شركة المثالية للتنظيف التي لديها الخبرة الكبيرة والامكانيات الكبيرة والقدرة الهائلة علي خدمة عملائها بالاستعانة بامهر العمالة ذات الخبرة الكبيرة في مجالات التنظيف منذ عشرات السنوات ولم تغفل شركة المثالية للتنظيف فروعها الاخري بل اننا نقدم افضل خدماتنا بالاحساء من خلال شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالاحساء التي تستطيع توفير كافة الامكانيات اللازمة لتنفيز خدمات النظافة الشاملة بالاحساء وكذلك مدن محافظات المنطقة الشرقية فكل هذا تستطيعون الحصول علية من خلال
    شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالاحساء
    كما ان شركة المثالية للتنظيف لم تغفل افضل الخدمات واكثرها اهمية لعملائها وهي خدمة مكافحة الحشرات فلدينا شركة المثالية لمكافحة الحشرات التي تسستطيع تقديم خدمة ابادة الحشرات الطائرة والزاحفة بجميع انواعها باستخدام افضل المبيدات الامنة والنظيفة ذات التاثير القوي والفعال علي الحشرات والتي من خلالها نضمن لعملاء شركة المثالية لمكافحة الحشرات بالاحساء العيش في منزل امن خالي من الحشرات بجميع انواعها فلدينا الخدمات الاتية
    شركة المثالية لمكافحة الحشرات
    شركة المثالية لمكافحة الحشرات بالاحساء
    شركة المثالية لمكافحة الحشرات بالدمام

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the blog. Preschool is really help to develop your kids creativity and make them active.

    kids songs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100 Followers Giveaway!

Back to School Giveaway!

Pay It Forward!