Show and Tell & The Mitten

This week we implemented Show and Tell in our classroom. I’ve done show and tell a variety of different ways in the past.  Usually we have a sharing box that two kids get to take home each night.  They love that but I would always struggle to fit their sharing time into my day!  You would not think that should be a problem during full day K, but trust me, it is! Anyway, this year we have a weird time slot on Thursdays that is perfect for show and tell.  I made it thematic because if you don’t you will see the same Transformers and Nintendo DS’s every single week. 

This week or theme was the Mitten, so their show and tell had to have something to do with the story.  They did really well, although there were a lot of teddy bears! Only 2 kids forgot and only a couple others decided not to share.  I let them use the microphone, so most of them were excited just to hear their voice over the speaker!   Only a couple asked if we were ever going to get free show and tell. Hmm...maybe they can earn it with class points! 

I should have taken pictures, but of course I forgot!  Do you do show and tell?  How do you do it?

We did some other fun mitten activities.  We sequenced the characters in The Mitten Pocket chart.



We wrote the room.

We made a class book (TPT Freebie).


We played CVC/CVCe word games. 
We compared different versions of the story and read other Mitten stories (See My fancy widget above, I could not figure out how to insert below :) 

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day.  

Jody



Comments

  1. I do a science and math based show and tell every Thursday with my K4 class. I got the idea from here http://www.kindergarten-lessons.com/show_and_tell.html I have tweaked for the age of my students, the units we work on in literacy and math as well as the common core. I have been doing it for 3 or 4 years and it is a wonderful learning experience for the kids and really develops their speaking and listening skills, as well as basic math and science.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100 Followers Giveaway!

Back to School Giveaway!

Pay It Forward!