Subtraction! I'm actually learning something here!

Pin It

Okay, I've mentioned before that I'm taking three classes and they are kicking my behind!  Part of it just might be my lack of focus.  Luckily I downloaded a cool new app on my kindle called mind games or something like that and guess what?  It's going to help me practice keeping focused just by clicking on these little arrows! =)

Anyway, I should be reading and responding to posts, but here I am, distracted as usual.  I thought that if Big Brother After Dark played in the background I would be able to get some reading done, not so.  But I did do a little reading.  My online professor linked to some great math lessons, so I thought I would share!  I really like how this lesson starts with manipulates and takes kids all the way to symbols, not in one day of course! You can get to the lesson plan here- Illuminations Lesson Plan

I really like the subtraction chart!  I'm feeling a little inspiration!!

Hope you all have a great day!
Jody



Comments

  1. Jody - Are you taking your math class through PBS? If so, we are classmates. How fun:) I am taking 2 classes and they are a lot of work. I can't imagine taking three. BTW did a lot of my work watching BB14 also. How funny:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a great way to break down subtraction without the symbols. I'm going to use this with my kiddos next year.

    thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100 Followers Giveaway!

Back to School Giveaway!

Pay It Forward!