Bad Blogger Gone Batty!

It seems like it's been forever since I've posted anything!  Between the class I'm taking, school, and LIFE, I think I really have gone batty!

We've been learning about Bats.  We started with a RAN chart (Reading and Analyzing text).  We first recorded what we thought we knew about bats.  Then we moved to recording what we wanted to know or what we wondered about bats.  As we read many texts we added to our learning.  We answered most of our questions and found a few misconceptions!






We described bats during our morning meeting and on another day we labeled the parts of the bat.











We used tree maps to record our learning.  I wish I would have taken a picture of one of the kids maps, but here is a master.
Bats Are Can Have Tree Map

We used our tree-maps to make flip books- Clip art by KPM Doodles.

Here is the cover page and sentence strips!
All About Bats Cover Page Bats are

Tomorrow, we will make bats!

Pin It

Comments

  1. Very cute! I can't download the bat tree map though. It says it's not public!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Cathy I.
    mrsirwinsclass@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bat unit! Thank you so much for sharing!!!! ellen.yucht@imagineschools.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100 Followers Giveaway!

Back to School Giveaway!

Pay It Forward!